Volunteers needed

I've just realised that FW14 is CatwalkLive.TV's seventh season. Since launching in 2011, it's been a solo effort by me, Roz. Read this post to see what a typical day for me is during fashion month.

During my time curating the site, I have introduced a new layout, live streaming for New York and London, a blog widget, a mobile version of the website, a video archive, plus this blog. 


Every season I hope it will get easier, but so far it hasn't. There are shows that have live streamed before that don't. There are new additions and there are last-minute changes.


We're not even a week in, and I've been caught out by Monique L'Hullier's start time changing, and despite checking Style.com last night, Lela Rose and Hood by Air have both since been added to their schedules.

Basically behind the scenes I fly as close to the wire as possible to make sure the schedules are as accurate as possible, and still things slip the net.

I've spent many late nights and early mornings helping people find live streams. Now after seven seasons, I'm asking for people to help me. Any volunteers will help secure the future of the site because every season so far it has been a case of 'if' the site returns, rather than 'when'.

I'm looking for volunteers who can spend around 20-30 minutes every day helping me ensure the listings are accurate. Your role would be to:


• Check the fashion week schedule to ensure all shows are listed on CatwalkLive

• Check that shows listed as live streaming still are, and that the start time is accurate
• Look into shows that aren't listed as streaming to see if you can find any live stream details
• Check that reminder tweets are scheduled for the correct times
• Check that the desktop, mobile and widget schedules are all correlate with each other

I'm looking for people who are meticulous, good at finding information online and are passionate about fashion week. Priority will be given to people who I know and trust on Twitter, or have emailed or tweeted corrections in the past.


If you are interested, please either tweet @catwalklivetv or email me at catwalklivetv@hotmail.co.uk before the end of London Fashion Week and I will give full details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment